Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug 27 2011 Dressage show at Tamarack Stables

http://youtu.be/R0MizX4G3c0

I had a dream fed by the movie Sylvester where a white horse danced underneath the overhead corral light and prayed God, help me do that.

Some days I want to ask God if he couldn't have given me longer legs, shorter torso and better balance. Mid age wisdom has pretty much revealed that I am what I am and although my goals still includes better physical strength and weight loss, I have determined that changes to my Irish-Oriental farming skeletal structure just isn't going to manifest into long, skinny European legs with stomachs up to their boobs and non-existent waists.

God's compensation was to give me a horse like no other, my Ind. Should you look at the video again, look not at the blisteringly white landscape but focus instead on the loyal Labrador in horse clothing. After just two weeks and recovering from a stifle problem, she is gamely trucking along and with ears strained, trying mightily to do what I ask while balancing this top heavy, not so balanced egg. She manages to make me look like I know something at last

All was not perfect but then Dressage does not mean perfection, no matter what some like me would like for it to be. It means that I care, I CARE, I care enough to learn how to ride my horse in such a way as to keep her strong for many, many years. It means that I have a trainer who listens even when I am very upset because through all the static is an intense love for the sport and the people at the barn. It means that two weeks back in training with scores going from 40's to 60's mean I am listening, practicing and learning as fast as I can but that Dressage does not mean easy.

I hurt today, disappointment in my memory since I forgot part of the test, my right side says "Hello, you ARE fat and forty-six you know and you rode me ALL week" but I am so very, very grateful for the blessings that have given me such passion at a time that I can concentrate on it for me and I am so lucky to have such a horse in my life.

What does life have in store for me now that my children are off and on their own? Dancing is but a 20 meter circle away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment